1/23/2015

Wifely Duties

A little over a week ago, Trevor and I went over to his friend Jimmy's apartment. Him and his girlfriend cooked enchiladas and had a few friends over to enjoy a good time.
After supper we played Cards Against Humanity-one of my current favorite games.
However, if there is one thing I have learned from the game (which i have learned a lot from) it is that who you play with does determine a lot of the game's fun.
It was a little awkward playing that night in my opinion. I didn't really know what cards people would truly appreciate or not.
At one point the infamous "Wifely Duties" card was played.

The term wifely duties always gets me thinking.
I thought I would see what Urban Dictionary defines it as to include that here, but nope. Nothing! How does Urban Dictionary not have a definition for that?!

Anywho..
If wifely duties are truly just things you do as a wife I see no issue with the term. However, if these are pre assumed duties-I do see an issue. I do not think anything should be assumed going into a relationship. In fact that is how huge arguments and issues occur and get started.
I do however think that women and men should each have their roles in a household. If one person does all of the work, that is fine, as long as the couple has discussed it.

Personally-
I look forward to getting to make dinner.
I don't look forward to always cleaning, but sometimes I do enjoy it! Luckily Trevor is a tidy guy, so I don't think he'll be too much of a problem.
I also enjoy doing laundry. Here in Saint Paul, a good chunk of the time, I do Trevor's laundry anyway because it's cheaper at my place.

I am not too concerned about fulfilling my wifely duties. Not because I will be forced to, but because I know they are ways I will be able to love and serve my husband. I mean let's face it, food is the way to a man's heart!
I cannot wait until my everyday chores I am doing already, become "wifely duties."

No comments:

Post a Comment