1/21/2015

State of the Union

I'm not one to get involved in politics.
I do not like confrontation, especially when it comes to the topic.

While I identify as someone who is conservative and normally sides with republican views, I still have one thing that is of great importance to me.
Respect.

I understand that not everyone will agree with me on this, but I feel that it needs to be put out there.

Yes, you may not agree with the statements of our democrat president-but you give him respect. He is our elected leader, so you still have to deal with what has been decided on within our country.
I definitely do not agree with his views on gay marriage or abortion, among other things-but I respect him as a human being and an elected official.
Many of you democrat fellows probably are glad to hear that right now, but I have something to say to you as well!
You should offer some respect up as well.
The current speaker of the house is a republican. Yes, I am speaking of Boehner.
Obviously Boehner does not side with President Obama on all of his brought up points in the State of the Union-so why would he applaud or stand up for every single aspect. If there was a republican president, I highly doubt that any democrat would be critical of a democrat speaker of the house for not applauding every point brought up by that president. That's how politics are.
Have some respect for members of the opposing parties of your own. They may not have the same views as you, but they are still humans. I pity those that do not know how to respectfully interact with other Americans.

One more point to address.
I, as a republican and conservative American, do not agree with a lot of Obama's policies. But that does not mean I disagree with every single one. You cannot honestly tell me that you think Boehner disagrees with every single aspect that Obama presents. I am sure they probably do not see eye to eye on everything, but I bet they have a few things they can agree on.
It bothers me to no end that so many people assume that if you are republican you hate Obama or completely disregard anything he says!

Now do you see why I avoid the topic of politics?!
End Rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment