1/08/2015

Christmas 2014

Now that we are almost a week into 2015, I should probably get my act together and fill you in on how my Christmas season went.
Let's just say it was quite interesting.

December 24
Christmas Eve has always been when my family cooks and celebrates our Christmas. It has just fit in well with my dad's schedule with preaching-thus convenience.
This year, Trevor and I went to church at OSLC for the 1:30 service. This left time to get some cooking done afterward. We also went to Celebration for their 7:00 service. After that we headed to his place so he could put on some more comfortable clothes. I'm a stickler for dressing up for Christmas church. This resulted in these adorable photos.



After my dad finished church we all sat around and watched "Elf" while opening gifts. I got my sister fuzzy slippers, lotion, and a huge mug. I got my mom a wine glass and wine rack. I got my dad a bacon bowl mold and beer flavored jelly beans. And I got Trevor two PacSun shirts.

December 25
Trevor's family always opens gifts Christmas morning. I have never had this tradition, so it was kind of cool to take part of and enjoy. It was fun to watch his younger sisters open their gifts-I miss being young. His family even so kindly gave me a Doctor Who puzzle!

December 26
On the 26th we travelled to La Valle to my mom's side of the family. Trevor was unable to come along because he was playing in a show that evening. The entire time at my grandma's was awkward and uncomfortable. With the exception of going exploring on the farm with my cousins, Ahren and Jake, to take photos.
Here are some of the shots I got.






Also a large portion of the time at my grandparents included my grandma throwing random junk at me to take for my "new home". Now realize, the wedding is in August. We are not living together yet, we won't be until we get married. I do not have room for random stuff for my new home. One, I have no idea what the size of our first place will be, but I expect it to be puny. This will leave no room for miscellaneous objects. Two, I do not want a bunch of outdated junk that has been sitting around their house forever. Three, Trevor was not along to see any of this stuff so it was purely up to my discretion to make the decisions of what to take.
The only good thing out of the day was that Trevor and I have cupcake stands to use at the wedding now.

December 29
Rice Lake is so beautiful in the winter. I finally was able to see my grandparents' (on my dad's side) new home. It is beautiful! Not that I expected otherwise. Trevor and I drove together and made a photo stop on the way by the Chippewa River.



It was a good time at my grandparents, like always. We even had competitions at who could get the highest and lowest blood pressure. I think it's going to be a new tradition. For the first time ever, we did not have a sit down Christmas meal. It was so weird! I love grandma's sit down dinners! Grandma and grandpa even sent us away with plenty of soda from their soda fridge (yes, they have a fridge for soda and beer in their garage).

Christmas 2014 was quite a hoot. I cannot wait until next Christmas! It will be my first Christmas as a Rodriguez and I cannot wait to spend it as a married woman. Who knows what type of Christmas traditions Trevor and I will implement in our home, but most likely it will not include taking our blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment