1/19/2015

The Compliment

There are a lot of diverse people that I work with at Noodles & Co. Our store is right off a bus station and metro train station-so basically anyone can get there via public transportation.
One of the guys I work with is an older African American man. He has a fascinating accent, in my opinion.
He talks down to a lot of my coworkers. Many of them dislike working with him. He takes his time in front of house and is a bit slow if he's on the line in back of house. Along with this he has a bit of a short temper with some of my coworkers. There have been multiple occurrences of him raising his voice at someone who has worked at Noodles much longer than he has.
However, for some reason, he likes me.
Yesterday he was filling in stickers for food in back and I was filling bags up front. He asked me if I am the way I am because of how I am raised.
            side note: everyone there found out I am a pastor's kid and treats me like I'm the most innocent girl in all of existence because of it. extremely annoying.
Anyhow, I was not sure how to answer this question. I mean how does one know how much how they were raised has impacted them?! I said I don't know. But then he said, so it's just who you are? I just kind of shrugged my shoulders. He told me how he really enjoys working with me because I keep things calm up front. I may not talk much but I still keep things under control. In addition to that he told me he appreciates seeing someone working with so much motivation and who gets things done.
Coming from a guy who does not particularly get along with all of his coworkers, I took this as a great compliment.
I'm glad someone has been noticing the continual work I am putting in at Noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment