11/20/2014

Life is Good, All of the Time

I too often forget about how blessed I am.

I just spent the past half hour looking at old blog posts. Some were harder to read than others. But nonetheless, my conclusion is how awesome of a God we have.

My life has certainly had its highs and its lows. But even looking back at these old posts, those low points seem to fade. The high points stand out like none other.

God has put so many incredible people in my life, many of which I take (or have taken) advantage of in all they have done for me. I'm sorry to those of you that I never told that I appreciate you. You have all been so wonderful to me and I can't thank you enough for that.

Right now I am going through a lot. I seem to be on a neverending emotional roller coaster. It's been a bit scary lately too. Especially a couple of nights ago.
Reflecting back on the situation, I realize I was out of control. I should not have done what I did. I am ashamed of how I acted. I am beyond thankful for a forgiving God. Not only that He is forgiving, but also that He has placed a man in my life who is also forgiving and loves me too.

These hard nights pass. I am so grateful to be on the other side of that now, and viewing it with a fresh perspective.
I took the time today to reflect not only on the other night, but on the last few months.
This reminded me that I need to get over the little things that don't matter and I need to be thankful for what I have.

God has truly blessed me with an amazing life. Even if that life sometimes includes really awful nights.

Nothing better reminds me of that fact than this.

Psalm 30:5 English Standard Version (ESV)

5 For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may stay for the night,
but joy comes with the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment