10/11/2014

The Little Things

Well, followers..
The time has come for me to redo my blog.

I've begun to feel bored with it, so I thought I would try a few new things.
To start things off, I am going to blog more regularly and use more graphic grabbers.
What's a graphic grabber, you ask? Look up.

Thanks to Canva, I designed that little beauty! I absolutely love the site.

Back on track now..
So the blog that has truly inspired me to change my look is Absolutely Arkansas!
Kylie is a newlywed and one of the craftiest people that I "know".
I aspire to someday reach her level of DIY projects, but for starts, how about I just run a semi-decent blog?

So, in order for me to do this, I am going to be refocusing myself.

As a college student, it is so easy to get caught up in the stress of assignments and projects.
As a new adult, it is easy to get overwhelmed with bills and payments.
As a newly engaged woman, it is easy to be swept away with wedding plans and the million tasks to accomplish before the big day gets here.

Right now I fill a lot of roles. I am trying so many new things and experiencing so much.

How to avoid the stress?
I often ask myself this..normally after I am already overly stressed..

The little things in life.
Who is there for you when you are sick and don't want to do anything but lie around?
For me, I instantly think back to last winter when I had mono. Trevor would come over nearly everyday of break and sit by my side as we watched Netflix. I seldom felt like doing anything, but he was there nonetheless.
What do you have to drink before class, or you'll die from exhaustion/thirst/hunger?
I can't leave my apartment without a Chai Tea Latte in hand for my 8 am class.
Who is there when you come home from breaks?
I love being greeted by Buddy, my family's maltipoo, even though he often runs right past me to say "hi" to Trevor. 

There are so many other little things we don't even realize are there.
Two days ago I drove up to Institute, WI in Door County. My sister had a volleyball game at Sevastopol High School.
I had an amazing time driving up alone. I jammed to music and stopped in Sturgeon Bay to take some photos.
The little things I enjoyed then: alone time, music, God's wonderful creation, fall colors, the open bay, volleyball, and time with my sister.

All in all, we need to remember to step back each day and reflect on the little things we have been blessed with. Despite all the doom and gloom we may be experiencing, there is so much good in our lives too.

No comments:

Post a Comment