10/24/2014

Flashback Friday

In my Educational Psychology class last week we discussed memory.
One portion that really stuck out to me was "episodic memory."

Episodic memory is long-term memory for information tied to a particular time and place, especially memory of the events in a person's life. They are often tied to emotional or dramatic events in one's life.

These are those moments that happen with "dejavu."
Those moments where you have a flashback of something that happened to you pop into your when in similar circumstances.

For instance, when I moved to Green Bay from La Crescent, I had an episodic memory occur of leaving my grade school in Good Thunder, MN to move to La Crescent.

It's absolutely amazing how the mind works and how complex it is! Don't we have such an awesome God to have created us with these wonderfully well equipped brains?!


*Also, I have blogged for two weeks straight now! Awesome--right?! Well, the blog reboot has just about come to a close, and I'll be blogging more regularly than I had been before. However, it won't be daily like it has the past two weeks. But Wise Wednesdays will be a weekly occurrence! Have any ideas or thoughts for me, let me know!*

No comments:

Post a Comment