9/20/2014

Married Housing Emails

So, Trevor and I are attempting to begin wedding planning!

One big thing before that can happen? Where are we going to live?!
The hope is to get married at the end of next summer--sometime during August. The deciding factor on a date, however, rides on one very annoying CSP married housing coordinator.

I emailed her August 31st, with this:
Hey,
I have heard a few people mention "married housing" around me and I was curious if you could answer a few questions I have about that.
I recently got engaged and am looking to plan the wedding for this coming summer, hopefully.

How much does married housing cost? Is it a monthly rent or a semester-style payment? Does that include utilities?
Does it matter if he attends Concordia?
When would we be able to move into those? Move-in day for Concordia? Or earlier in the summer?

Thanks!

That's a pretty simple email, right?
Not too many questions, we just need to know the basics.

Her response on September 2nd:
Hello Elisabeth,
Congratulations on your engagement!  I will be out of the office today to attend a funeral and will not be able to respond to your questions until later this week.  I’ll get back to you, but realistically it will be Thursday or Friday.

1st red flag? MY NAME IS SPELLED WRONG. My email address has my name in it. This irks me so much. Is it really that hard to double check to make sure you spell someone's name correctly?

I emailed her back September 9th since I still had no response:
Hello,
I don't mean to be a bother, but I was just wondering if you could fill me in about married housing!
Thanks,
Elisebeth

I hate bothering people, but really? I didn't ask that much...

Her response September 11th:
Because my email and the internet were down for several days late last week and this past Monday  I’m still catching up on urgent things and have not been able to address important things.  I will be out of the office tomorrow, so watch for info next week.  I appreciate your understanding. Have a good weekend.

Cool, you must be pretty dang busy to not be able to take a few minutes to type a quick email with the basics. Also, thanks for down playing the importance of my planning my wedding planning. (No, I'm not trying to sound like bridezilla, but I would like to be able to set a date for several reasons.)

Yesterday, I was extremely pissed off about this. Well, honestly, I still am. So I emailed her again:
Hello, I have been waiting for a response for quite some time on this. 
I would like to have this information as soon as possible, as it is impossible to plan a wedding without having somewhere to live next year.

She better get the point that this is an issue. It is impossible for Trevor and I to have a date picked for our wedding without knowing where we will be living next year. If married housing moves in the same time as normal residential halls, we have to push out date to mid-August. If they move in at the beginning of the month or we end up living elsewhere, we will get married early August and move in right away. This is so frustrating!
This is literally the lady's job--to deal with married housing. I understand she has other tasks, but this is still one of them..thus it is important you do what is required of your job--answering students' questions about married housing!
UGH.
Sorry. Rant over, for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment