9/02/2014

I'm a Big Girl Now

I spent a lot of my days in high school yearning to be in college.
Now that I'm here, I'm ready to move on to the next step.
Isn't that just how life works?
We are seldom content with where we are at and continue to want more.

I'm not so sure I'm necessarily ready to be in a classroom of my own yet, that still seems quite frightening to me. However, I'm ready to be moved in with my soon-to-be husband. I love how that sounds :)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my roommates. I enjoy the apartment/dorm we're in. It's quite nice actually.
But I'm so ready to have an apartment of my own. One to share with Trevor. That we get to decorate together. And do awesome family-like things together all of the time.
Spending so much time together over the past summer has made me even more excited for our future together. So far our time in Saint Paul has helped the excitement grow even more than where it was at.
It amazes me that I can be so excited and yet so scared for the future, all at the same time.
I feel so adult-like and yet I just want to be a little kid again. How can those feelings exist simultaneously?

Well, regardless of my feelings, I'm nineteen. Almost twenty. I am an adult now.
In fact, speaking of adulthood...I have two job interviews over the next two days!

Here's to being a big girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment