5/01/2014

Hamlet and Two Greek Guys

I loved my Literature class at the beginning of the semester (that's the class I have a gorgeous prof for.)
Now, not so much.
Over the last two weeks we have read Hamlet, Oedipus the King, and are now beginning The Aeneid.
I hated Hamlet. I've never been much of a Shakespeare fan, unless I'm listening or watching it. Reading it however, is awful. The only good thing about having read Hamlet in this class was that we watched screen adaptations of it, one of which included David Tennant.
Oedipus the King, was much easier to read than Hamlet. I also enjoyed the storyline more. And almost predicted the ending. Well it's a tragedy, so that's not very hard!
We have just begun reading The Aeneid. I don't understand it at all. Hopefully we aren't quizzed on it today because I had to reread the Sparknotes entry about three times already.

Thank goodness the semester is nearly over!

No comments:

Post a Comment