5/07/2014

Freshmen Fifteen

I used to work out all of the time. Daily, in fact, for sports.
I miss it so incredibly much.
As I left for college, I had one fear: the freshmen fifteen.

I hate gaining weight, well who doesn't?
I figured with a meal plan, I would be able to control my eating habits pretty easily and not worry about gaining weight due to that. Plus, CUW has two nice workout facilities. A nice, weight-equipped room on the west side of campus and on the east side a cardio-only room. So no issue with working out, either.

The issue, however, is motivation.
Like I said before, in high school I was in sports. I had to be in shape. If I wasn't I would have suffered tremendously. What is my motivation for being fit in college? Only the factor of not getting fat.
Now what is your definition of fat? Well mine varies. A lot. Honestly probably from day to day.

Next year, I need to be much better about this issue. I hope to establish an eating and fitness plan. Especially if my plans with Trevor work out as we have brainstormed, I will especially need to be sure I don't gain any weight before next summer! Next year at Concordia St. Paul, I will only have a half meal plan because I will be living in a more expensive dorm room. This means I will have better control over what I eat because I will be able to prepare my own food in my room and not feel like I'm wasting meal swipes! I will also have a fitness room in the same building I will live in, potentially the same floor. Even better.

Now, to stick with this plan!
Also, just a side note, I did not gain the freshmen fifteen. Probably only a pound. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment