8/12/2014

The Starbucks Blues

Last summer, I had a delicious chai tea latte nearly every morning from Starbucks on my way to work.
Oddly, only a small dent to my bank account was made by the constant transactions.

This summer however, I've had quite the shortage of such beverages. Occasionally I stop by to get Trevor a surprise drink (and to treat myself as well). But still, notably fewer than last summer.

Due to my nanny job being in De Pere, I don't have any Starbucks really on my route to work, at least the one I take.
The few times Natalie and I have driven to swimming lessons instead of biking, I have been an awful person and left the pool to go to the Dunkin Donuts just down the way. Don't worry, I've made it back in time to pick her up every time.
I feel like I'm betraying Starbucks and my Gold Card, but dang...Dunkin Donuts has some damn good iced coffee and super cheap donuts. Perfect combo.

In 9 days, I leave for Saint Paul. Land of Caribou Coffee. When I used to live in Minnesota, I had never even tried Starbucks!
Concordia Saint Paul has a Caribou Coffee on campus, so I'm sure I will quickly find a favorite there, just as I have at both Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks.

While I'm still in Green Bay these last few days, I'm going to enjoy my chai tea latte fresh from Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment