7/20/2011

The Little Things

I tend to notice little things in my life that probably don't mean much. But they always seem to stick in my head. Here are a few things that I notice:
  • Opinions on Clothes: One day during basketball season, towards the end of it, it was a Wednesday night. Lent services had started and we had just finished practice. Practice had gone about half an hour late and I knew I'd be late for church, Jaci must have realized that too because she started yelling at Val because they still needed to go home and change into nice clothes. Jaci was persistent. Val was trying to convince Jaci that they were dressed fine in their long basketball shorts, tee shirts, and Nikes. But Jaci was obviously stuck and ended up making Val take her home to change, even though she'd be late to the dinner before church. This really changed my thought of Jaci. I used to think she didn't care much about anything besides sports, but she really showed that she cares about how she looks at church. So I find myself looking at clothes differently now after watching this little scene act out between Val and Jaci.
  • Words Count: While helping with volleyball camps last week, I really listened to the kids. Something inside of me would just jump every time a little girl would say "thank you" and smile at me. I'm not sure why, but their politeness really reminded me that I need to still be polite in every situation I'm in.
  • More on "Talking": Well I really appreciate when I get a text or IM back right away. Yes, I understand some people just don't bring their cell phones with them everywhere they go like I do. But generally when you respond to that first text, I would think you'd have your phone on you! Whatever. Well that is definitely something I notice, who I can rely on for texting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment