4/15/2014

Students for Life

Tonight was the first evening I attended a Students for Life meeting since last semester.
Why?
I'm not exactly sure.
Next year, when I am at Concordia St. Paul, there won't be a Students for Life for me to be apart of, and my mom is pushing me to try to start one there. That's probably the exact reason I had decided earlier this semester that I would most definitely not start it.

Tonight, a lady that works for Eyewitness for Life, Ltd. came in and spoke to the group. A friend of mine is the president of Students for Life and was panicking that no one was going to show up, so I thought I better go.

I almost cried about four times, and then a tear finally did make its way out.
I finally did realize why I had not been back since the end of winter break.
I know someone who has had an abortion and it has changed how I hear any little detail about these things. It moves me to tears just thinking about it, let alone discussing it.
I haven't told my mom, but now I'm reconsidering starting a group in St. Paul. I want to talk with students about this vital issue.

Tonight I learned that 80% of women that go into this center and see the ultrasound of their baby, change their minds and won't have an abortion. 80%! I would love to be able to start something that's even just an ounce as influential as the center here in Milwaukee.
This is definitely going to be something I spend a lot of time praying about before next school year rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment