4/04/2014

Profs: 2

Second semester prof reports are in :)
Here's a scoop on the profs I have this semester... A bit interesting in comparison with last semester.

Paavola: New Testament REL 203
Imagine a cute little old man. Now imagine he has the energy and attention span of a preschooler. That's Paavola. I have this class at 7:30 am three times a week, and I love it. I was second guessing myself as to if I really wanted to take a class that early in the morning, but he makes it incredibly enjoyable! His energy level is spectacular. He loves hands-on examples and uses a ton of metaphors and comparisons. Also he rides a motorcycle.

Muth: Data and Space: Teaching Math Math 120
Muth is quite the interesting prof. She loves math. And I mean LOVES it. Her philosophy for the class is that everyone should always have math to do because it is so great. The amount of work she assigns certainly reflects that. Also, unlike in Math 119, she uses the entire class period up. She also has a very strange accent, so much so that a girl that sits by me asked her where she grew up because we could not pinpoint her accent ourselves.

Han: Interpersonal Communications COMM 201
This guy has no personality at all. He makes the class quite simple, so I appreciate that. However, I swear he's an Asian robot. I honestly have nothing else to say to him because he has no freaking personality! How is that possible?!

Doebele: Chorale MUS 182
I had Doebele for Chorale last semester. Then she seemed like an odd mix between my grandmother and Mrs. Fosheim, but now I no longer see the resemblance. I'm beginning to realize how truly weird she is. It's probably good I didn't make Kammerchor or I would have spent 9 days with her traveling to and around California with her..Nah, I think I could have handled it for the sake of going to Cali.

Clewein: Intro to Lifetime Fitness HHP 100
This man does not understand the definition of the word "lecture". This course was supposed to be the lecture accompaniment to an activity portion. We did activities almost every single class we met! I did not sign up for that! I mean I guess I'll let it slide because he did kind of remind me of a younger, hotter version of my 7th and 8th grade teacher.

Goeldner: Child Development PSY 221
This woman is the definition of crazy. I would have hated to have her as my mother. Seriously. She has some of the weirdest and most bizarre thoughts to raising children I have ever heard. And she keeps referring to her new granddaughter as "our baby"! WOMAN, SHE'S NOT YOUR BABY! She's a nut job. However, there's hardly any work in her class, so I do enjoy that aspect of the course.

Harries: Culture and Civilization: Literature ENG 103
I chose to have Harries as my English prof purely on the fact that he's super attractive. Best choice ever. Professors are allowed in Chorale, which is how I knew he was so dang attractive. However, I did not realize how good of a professor he would be in addition to his gorgeous looks and witty humor. He's quite passionate about what he teaches and very helpful. And he says page counts on his papers are just suggestions, not requirements! Woahhhh! Seriously, kind of have a bit of a crush on this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment