3/04/2015

Work Out

In college, I have struggled with having healthy habits. I find it hard to consistently work out and to eat well. Who has time for that?

A week ago, I made a decision.
I am going to work out. Consistently.

I need to look good for my wedding right?
Well, I think even without working out I would look just fine for my wedding. I bought a dress that fits me perfectly. Also, I have not gained any weight in college- I have actually lost 5 lbs from high school.
So why am I working out then?
Why bother?

My current workout regimen is more than just going to the fitness room for 30 minutes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays after my 8am class.
My routine is also involving to read my Bible before I go to bed.

This is an area where I need the most improvement. My spiritual fitness.
I need to improve my relationship with my Creator.

So how have I been doing that?
My Our Living Faith professor (who I am not a huge fan of in all honesty) told us one day that he thinks everyone should read Romans 8 and 12 at least once a week, if not more. So that is where I have started. Last week I read Romans 8 early in the week and Romans 12 later on in the week.
This week, however, I read both last night.
I was having a huge personal battle last night and was on the verge of destruction. But something in me made me pick up my Bible. I first read through Ecclesiastes 3 which helped me calm myself. Then I flipped to Romans 8. The first verse made me cry my eyes out.
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

I deserve death and suffering. But I am in Christ, so I have that death sentence revoked. How crazy?
Even with all of my sins and mistakes that have been so prevalent lately, I am not condemned.
God's grace astonishes me.

This is why I am working out my spiritual fitness. So I can find verses like Romans 8:1 and feel a connection. To know that God is speaking to me right then and there. He's seeing me in my situation. The Spirit is directing me to the very verses I need the most.
How amazing is our God!

So I encourage you to start working out. If you haven't been to the gym in a while, I don't blame you-it's hard. If you haven't opened your Bible in a while, I understand.
I'm not telling you to go sign up for Planet Fitness and to join a Bible study. However, at the very least, open your Bible once a week and read a chapter.
It's crazy what can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment