3/23/2015

Spring Break 2015

I realized I never gave the full scoop on what went down Spring Break 2015.

Honestly, most people would probably consider what I did for break boring. I didn't go anywhere cool or exciting. I went home to Green Bay.
This was really nice for me. I had not been home since December 29th, so it was almost three full months since I had last been there. It's crazy realizing next year I'll probably only be back for Christmas during the school year.
Anywho, here's what happened Spring Break 2015:

Friday: March 6
Trevor and I left Saint Paul around 4 pm. I drove for part of the way, but my knees get irritated from long drives, so it was only for about an hour and a half. That gave Trevor time to finish typing up a paper he had to finish for that night.
When we arrived in Green Bay we stopped at Smart Cow. While we're in Saint Paul, we discuss how we need to find a new froyo place to go to. But it always go back to how nothing will ever beat Smart Cow. So we made sure to stop first thing back in town. Then we brought Trevor's things to his place and watched an episode of Bob's Burgers. By the time I got dropped off it was about 10:45.

Saturday: March 7
Originally I was going to see Kammerchor, a choir from CUW, at Pilgrim. But I decided against it. I headed down to CUW around 4 pm and made it down at 5:30. It was so great being greeted by my friends there! We walked to the bluff and went all the way down the stairs and back up.
Then we headed to the Nest for dinner. After dinner we went back to their room and played Quelf and Cards Against Humanity. It was probably one of the weirder groups I have played CAH with..they took out a lot of the really funny cards due to inappropriateness. But we made it fun nonetheless. After games we watched Baby Mama, which is like my all time favorite movie. After that we all went to bed, clocks had to spring forward an hour and I already knew I wasn't going to get enough sleep!

Sunday: March 8
Karlee and I woke up early to go to church. I have missed that beautiful chapel. If you are ever on campus, be sure to visit the chapel because it is breathtaking. The others met us for brunch afterward at the cafeteria. I forgot how delicious CUW's food is. And now they have a waffle maker and iced coffee machine! Why did I leave that place?! After stuffing our bellies full we headed to Lion's Den Nature Preserve. We went there last year and it was fun to take my camera along and get shots now that my photography has improved.


After some fresh air, we went to Goodwill. I got some good deals! I purchased two new books, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and a Hillsong CD for right around $8! Emma then suggested that we go get shamrock shakes, which I am always game for! After MickeyD's, I headed back to Green Bay.

Monday: March 9
Monday was the day of appointments. I had a dentist appointment and an eye appointment. I hate the dentist. But I love my hygenist. Claudia is the best. And she knows Trevor's family really well, so she was asking me all about the wedding. My eye appointment is enjoyable as well. My eye doctor really cares about his patients and takes time to get to know them well. After finally making it home, my family and I went to Pizza Ranch! We walked in the doors, and Trevor came out from in back and very bluntly asked, "What are you doing here?" Not the sweetest welcoming. At least Alexis was excited to see me!

Tuesday: March 10
Trevor and I treated ourselves to our favorite Mexican place: Margarita's! We then had our first session of pre-marital counseling! It went quite well, at least I would say it did. After leaving Pilgrim, we visited Lambeau field. We explored the newly renovated pro shop. And dang. The Lombardi Trophy statue is quite impressive.

Wednesday: March 11
Wednesday was my free day. I left it open in case I needed to just sit and do homework, which never happened. In the morning, Trevor and I went and shot photos for a band playing at Washington Middle School.

Later in the day I had another dentist appointment.. I tell ya, I hate the dentist.

Thursday: March 12
Thursday was ladies' night! I got to see some old friends from high school again! It's crazy how time flies by. I had a wonderful time with some lovely ladies. If you want more of the details, go to Rae's blog. She's got the inside scoop. But I will add in that I drank two full size Arizona Raspberry Iced Teas and have probably never peed so much in my entire life.

Friday: March 13
Friday was an exciting day! Ana and I went on a photoshoot! We first headed to Josten Park. I wasn't sure what type of shots we'd get, but I was satisfied.
Our photos downtown, however, were even better. These photos are honestly my best work thus far. I love working with Ana. She is so easy to direct and she makes my job so much easier!
After we were done shooting, she dropped me off at Fonferek to help Trevor and his friend Eddi shoot a music video. We were there forever. I was cold and hungry. You can sure bet I complained a lot. 
Once they finally finished, Trevor and I met Bekah at Cup O Joy to see Loftland! It was one crazy dance party. They're super good live. Trevor is there newest fan girl ;)

Saturday: March 14
We left Green Bay at a decent time and made it back to Saint Paul with enough time to hit up Mall of America. I have never been so disappointed in my life with Charley's Subs. They let me down. I wanted a chicken california sub, but their grill was broken! However, I did get an adorable top and the comfiest sweatpants in the world from CottonOn.

Sunday: March 15
The final day of Spring Break. Always a sad day. We went to church and then headed to my aunt and uncle's for lunch. We had burgers and good conversation! I love their insight on life and wedding planning. My uncle is hilarious. And Trevor loves their dog Wrigley! I'm so excited to babysit for them April 17&18! The evening concluded with me working a shift at Noodles & Company.

All in all, I had a lovely break. I got to see so many friends and have a lot of laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment