10/03/2013

Profs

Since the semester is quite far along, I thought I'd write a little bit about each of my profs.

Steely-HIST 103
I hate this man. He's from Alabama or some southern state like that. He's fat and obnoxious. I realized yesterday in class why I hate him. He reminds me of Erich Johnson. This guy is exactly how Erich will be when he's 45+ and still single.

Knorr-ED 102
Knorr=hilarious. There is not a guy that makes me more motivated and excited to become a teacher! Yesterday before my group presentation he told us we all looked good. I was going for that sexy kindergarten teacher look ;) Anywho, after our presentation he shared two random things with the class.     1) He had been sitting in his office that morning with his classes on searching frantically throughout the room, for his glasses. Okay, that sounded a lot funnier when he explained it.
2) He talked about two fashion styles. When he first started teaching at CUW, this was the style....
And yes, he did in fact talk about Britney Spears. He continued to say, "Well I mean I'm a guy, so a lot of the time I didn't mind...but I'm also a dad!" Talk about awkward. Then he talked about how he approves of today's styles more. He LOVES scarves.







Doebele-MUS 182
I haven't really come up with an opinion on Dr. Doebele yet. She's my choir teacher, and acts like a typical musician. She slightly reminds me of Mrs. Fosheim, but she isn't as ditsy or involved in any of the students' drama.

Jastram-REL 201
Imagine a much more boring version of Stock's lecture, but with powerpoint. That is my Old Testament class. I honestly hate it the most out of all of my classes. He's extremely monotone and spends most of the time bragging about how he worked with the Dead Sea Scrolls and has visited Israel.

Paape-MATH 119
I have Paape part time in ED 102 as well, for developing my portfolio, but not even every week. He's a great math teacher and has adorable children. Also apparently my mom is good friends with his mom.

Keiper-ED 231
Keiper was here and teaching Children's Lit when my mom went to school here. He's probably one of my favorite teachers. Granted, I already loved to read, he just makes me want to help motivate children to develop that same love of books. A lot of people hate the works he assigns, because it's quite tedious. But I love that I have to do 50 book reports!

Uden-ED 100
She's so energetic! Her love of teaching just oozes out of her! Last night while helping Bekah's ED 102 group film, the guys all were discussing how they think she's a bitch. I disagree completely! I've talked with her outside of class and found that she's extremely helpful and good at explaining things when it comes to upper division questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment