10/09/2013

Cut Through the American Noise

American Noise by Skillet just came on my iTunes while I was studying.
With all the things I've struggled with just this past week, it really hit home. I'm so glad I bought Skillet's new cd after seeing them at Lifest. It is probably one of the most motivating and home-hitting cds I've heard.
Here's the refrain from American Noise.

Times will be bad times will be good 
Things I wish I hadn't done and some I wish I would 
Cutting through the American noise
You’ve got a voice and a song to sing (and a song to sing) 
Drink deep in the morning 
Drink deep in the morning 
See what the day will bring 

I guess the part that hits me the most is that no matter how bad our past is, or how much we regret what we have done we can always look forward. 
We can start the next day over. That's what's keeping me going, because not much else is at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment