12/28/2011

Family Galore!

With Christmas not being to far behind us all, I thought I'd mention the oddities(is that a word?!) of my family! I don't even know where to begin honestly. I'm just going to include the events that occurred over the most recent visits...

Dad's Side
  • going to my grandparent's favorite pizza joint and waiting over an hour for my pizza
    • we stayed there so long because they were convinced it'd be out any second
  • my grandma calling my aunt because she had missed her call earlier, only to end up hanging up on her
  • my grandpa calling my aunt to explain to her what we were doing
    • he had to explain this all in his very drunken manner
  • my grandpa reaching over several times to honk the horn while my dad is driving through downtown La Crosse
    • this includes going past the county jail
  • my grandpa rolling down the windows of our van to blast Christmas music as we drive through the Rotary Lights in Riverside Park
  • my grandma, mom, sister, and I all playing "Words with Friends" on Facebook for at least 5 hours straight together
  • my dad driving around my grandparent's block to honk again as we left town
  • and many, many more fun memories were created at my dad's side!!

Mom's Side
  • getting forced into my grandma's kitchen of her new cafe to watch the cook make a hamburger
  • my cousin ignored the gift we gave him because he already got what he wanted for Christmas and didn't need anything else
    • he's only 3 and was satisfied with what he already had!
  • my grandma's coworker's husband showed us all a "stake" mealworm
  • more deer hunters came into the shop to get tagged
  • my aunt's new husband's family decided to have their Christmas dinner in the cafe, so we got kicked out
  • my grandma didn't wrap our presents
    • she through them into a bag and didn't even label them, we just got to pick whatever we wanted
      • and our gifts were basically pajama pants from Aeropostale and chocolate
  • my grandpa left without saying good bye, again
 Well there you have it! My dysfunctional family life! Sometimes I wonder how I'm related to any of them.. But I have my quirks too!

No comments:

Post a Comment