11/25/2011

Thanksgiving

Well this Thanksgiving definitely wasn't very traditional for me. Which is super sad, I love the classic sit around the family table and eat turkey dinner idea. This year we went to my Aunt Marsha's. And only there. She lives on the family farm. So my other Aunt and her husband and my grandparents were there as well. We watched the Packer game in the living room and had some turkey during it. Now if this was at my other grandma's house(on my dad's side) this wouldn't be allowed. A. Because it would mean eating in a carpeted area of the house. B. Because we would be watching tv during dinner. C. No one prayed before the dinner. D. Everyone ate at their own pace. Well I'm sure I could keep going on with reasons. I would much rather be at my other grandma's house. I love the tradition that is upheld there. Everything fits into place. 
After we ate our lunch at my aunt's we went to my grandma's gas station. Well actually it isn't even a gas station anymore. It's a convenience store/cafe. Oh and everyone registers their deer there as well. So while we were down at the store someone came in with a ten point buck. Everyone rushed out to see it and take pictures. I stayed inside however. Hunting is stupid. I don't understand what's so compelling about it! Apparently it's "a guy thing" and it has to do with "the whole feeling of conquering something" and "being victorious." At least that was Jordan's justification for it. Whatever, I still think it's stupid. But I guess if there wasn't anyone hunting anything more people would be hitting deer while driving. Which would be really bad.. We saw at least 5 on our way home from my aunt's house!
Well I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving and had a good time with their family! Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment