11/10/2011

Blood and The Truth

Well, this week has been rather interesting. Honestly, I think it has been one of the longest weeks this school year. My homework has been piling up on me and I didn't really notice until last night.
I think the thing that really affected me this week though was a talk. It's always interesting when you find out where things are between yourself and others. And sometimes that truth can hurt. Well yesterday's "truth" did hurt quite a bit. And I've been having a ton of mixed feelings about it. Everyone I've talked to about it has given me a different reaction though. Half of the people said I've made a lot of progress and a lot of great things are going to happen, but others have said that they're sorry and this type of thing sucks. I keep flipping back and forth about it though, I don't know what to think. And today just helped with that I guess.
Today, I actually felt like a... good(?) person. I don't really know how to classify this, but I feel like a better person, I gave blood! Although I was absolutely, completely nervous to do this, I don't really know why I decided to do it. I guess the posters up at school and the announcements just got to me. I tried to get a few friends to give blood with me, but a few of them got turned away. I'm still really glad I got to give though! It was kind of cool too, having my friends there supporting me. It was great talking with Sydney, Jordan, Erin, and Abby while I just laid there. Although, I must say, I felt a bit helpless just laying there dong nothing while they all stood around me. But while I was laying there I sort of had this weird realization about the truth that was revealed to me yesterday. I guess I've sort of been dwelling on that this whole night.
Well that's pretty much it for tonight, hope your weeks have been gong better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment