6/30/2014

Gossip Girl Addiction

This past semester at CUW I decided to start watching a new series on Netflix. I wasn't sure at first which show to pick. But then found the perfect choice. Gossip Girl.
I'm sure with only six seasons really shouldn't take one that long to finish. However I'm still making my way through.
This last weekend I finally entered the 6th, and final season. The addiction has officially set in as I am realizing it's coming to an end.
I've grown to love, and hate, some of these main characters in the television show. I have personally grown into a love/hate relationship with Chuck Bass in particular. He is so sweet to Blair, sometimes, while other times he's absolutely awful to her. I can't imagine personally being in Blair's position and putting up with him. But that's why I love the show, it gives me insight on what taking some risks I would be too afraid to take my own life, would be like taking a risk like that.
Granted, the man in my life is no Chuck Bass. And I have found that to be a fantastic thing. While the socialites in Gossip Girl have all the money in the world at their fingertips, I will never have that. The show has shown me the perks and the downsides to having such large amounts of money in your life. One particular focus of the show is the influence of such, on your relationships. And that is one thing I would not want to put at the stake of the influence of money.
While I have only had a few, good relationships, even with just friends, I would not risk those for debate over money. My friends mean more to me than my comfort of luxury. But maybe that's just because I've grown up with not so much money.
Isn't that just life?
We absorb ourselves into television worlds that we will never experience in our own lives. That's what sells best. But hey, I can live vicariously through Serena and Blair.

Also I've always wanted to end a blog post like this,
Xoxo Gossip Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment