11/04/2012

Wise Words

At the end of this summer, after Caleb broke up with me, my mom gave me some wise words to think about..
I'd broken into tears because he'd told me we were over just twenty minutes before. My mom had just gotten home from grocery shopping, so I went to the kitchen to help unload the bags. I burst into tears and my mom said, "He broke up with you didn't he?" I snuffled a yes somehow.
She said, "I'm sorry. A broken heart sucks. You'll get over it."

Those were my mom's "wise words" when it came down to boy issues.

The thing is, I'm not over it yet. She doesn't realize it, but I'm learning everyday how much more I miss him. Sometimes I just hope I'll wake up and this whole beginning of this year will have been a dream. 
This year has gone nothing like I thought it would.
I came up with all of these great ideas this summer. And seriously only ONE of them has happened. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the rest of this year.
I really hope somehow he'll take me back. I realize how he saw me as such a bad girlfriend. I see where he was coming from. I just don't know how to tell him I want a second chance.

Maybe I'll learn by the end of the year how to apply my mom's advice. 
But for now, I most certainly do not.

1 comment:

  1. It was also your FIRST boyfriend. which means the first person who made you feel totally different. So was it really him? or would another guy be able to make you feel the dame way if you got to know him? You'll make it girl! Text me if you ever want to talk about it!

    ReplyDelete