10/07/2012

Rambling

This post probably won't be about anything specific, I'm more just procrastinating on homework.
Actually I did some of my homework this weekend. I just got back from Starbucks where I'd been working on it. While I was there, their sewage system got backed up so they had to close, and I had to end my study session.
Well this weekend has been quite interesting. I've learned some rather interesting things. I've decided I need fun. I'm so focused on my school work and everything right now that I've passed up some fun opportunities sadly. But now I won't be afraid to take those opportunities. I don't want to regret my senior year because I was too cowardly to have any fun!
Also, I feel like a really bad friend as of late. I've been texting my best friend's ex. Well, he's been texting me. And apparently that's getting around school. So I don't think I'm going to text him anymore because he's definitely been flirting with me. And he invited me to hang out with him. So I think I need to back off for the sake of my bestie.
It seems like I've been waiting forever for my senior year. I had all of these moments visioned on exactly how it would be. None of them have come through though. I think a lot of it is that I'm missing being in a relationship. That really was a huge part of my summer, and now I'm finding that I separated myself from my friends too much. I've noticed we don't talk as much as we used to. Part of me thinks that this is because I spent my whole summer with Caleb, and very rarely with them. I totally regret this. I guess I look back and think of how this is making me grow a lot as a person, but I'm also realizing that I need to reorganize my priorities. I can'r rely on others as much as I do, but I also can't just rely on myself. Bad things happen then.
Luckily, I've had this huge spark lit within me. Christian music has been calling my name. I borrowed my church's copy of TobyMac's new cd and I love it, I just have to put it on my iPod. I also need to find my Switchfoot cd that my mom has. I just feel so renewed and alive while listening to Christian music. Oddly enough, the thing that got me started on that was definitely LiFest with Caleb. How ironic....

No comments:

Post a Comment