8/04/2012

I Just Said the Unthinkable

I can't believe I'm about to say this...

I'm looking forward for school to start.

I've never been one looking forward for school to begin. I've never really hated school or anything but I've naturally enjoyed summer more. But this year is different. While I've experiences the best summer of my life with everything I could have possibly asked for to happen, I'm ready for school. Here's why:

-friends: I miss seeing my friends everyday! Some people I've only seen once or twice this summer sadly and I can't wait to see them on a regular basis. Others I have seen several times and I never get tired of their companionship so it will be great to see them everyday.

-new opportunities: this year I will be challenging myself in a completely different way than I have the rest of my high school career. I am only playing volleyball this year, versus managing a three sport lifestyle. I'll also be on student council as well as national honor society, both groups which require a lot of time. That's part of the reason for me only playing volleyball. Also I'm taking a college class this fall, Intro to Philosophy. I haven't decided if I'm taking one in the winter through spring or not yet.

Sports: as I said I'll be playing volleyball this year. As it is my final season I plan on giving my all and not settling for anything but the best. It's going to be immensely difficult to only play one sport and I still haven't told my coaches so that should be interesting.

iPads: yes, iPads. Our school has gone one to one. So every student gets an iPad! I'm writing this on mine actually. I absolutely love it. I've been playing around on it for the past few weeks and have found plenty of great apps that I'll be able to waste my time with during the school year.

Well I think that's about it. I'm ready to begin my school year strong and confident! Senior year, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment