6/28/2012

Scary

It still hasn't really sunk in that I'm technically a Senior in High School.
I helped out a bit during basketball camp this week and Monday I was introduced as a Senior. I'm pretty sure I lost my breath. I felt like breaking down and crying. I'm not ready to leave home any soon. Well I guess are you ever "ready"?
The fact that I'm a Senior comes with so many things that I need to accomplish with the coming year. Scholarship applications, actual college applications, financial aid submission, and finishing high school itself. I don't even know where to start. 
Sometimes I wish I had an older sibling just so I could follow their footsteps and so my parents wouldn't feel like it was so stressful helping me out because they had previous experience, but sadly, I don't have that luxury. 
This year will be a rather interesting.. 
So here is a "layout" of what is to come. Some are goals, and some are just tasks...
Fall:
Final Season of Volleyball(I'm thinking we go to state! :D)
College Class: Intro to Philosophy
Work: Pizza Ranch
Student Council & NHS Events: like Homecoming!
Have my top 5 colleges picked out
Actual high school coursework to continue

Winter:
Decide if I'm playing Basketball or not
Finish College Class & Possibly start a new one
Work:^^
Student Council & NHS Events: like Snowball & Cookie Walk
Talent Show
Music: Stage One & Solo&Ensemble Prep
Continue to kick high school's butt and finish last first semester STRONG
Get accepted into college

Spring:
Possibly do drama(depending if it's a musical or not)
Music: Solo&Ensemble
Finish second semester college class
Work:^^
Graduate high school!

It's really scary to see all that I have ahead of me in just a matter of about 8 to 9 months. Part of me can't wait to finish it all off, but part of me doesn't ever want to leave high school. I've fallen in love with my school, despite the lousy dress code & ridiculous rules. I can't imagine not sleeping in my school's hall way when I'm at school early. I can't imagine not walking into the bathroom and seeing half of a science class in there to avoid the class. I can't imagine not making fun of a lack of hallways or stairs. I can't imagine not avoiding homework right outside of the classroom that you're supposed to be doing the homework for. I can't imagine not being with my friends every single day & having them cheer me up when I'm feeling down.
I don't want to grow up just yet. I want to stay this age forever.
But I guess life doesn't work that way, somehow I'll have to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment