6/30/2012

An Early 4th of July

Well the 4th of July is just around the corner!
When I was younger we would get sparklers and little fireworks to set off at the end of our driveway.. The last few years, however, have been quite uneventful. My freshmen year we went to the top of Preble hill and watched the fireworks over downtown. That was nice, but a bit crowded for my parents taste. And now, the last two years we've done nothing. I mean nothing. We sit inside and watch our usual TV shows, real exciting, huh?
Well since this is my first summer with a boyfriend I thought I might go watch fireworks with him... Figures, his family is out of town every 4th of July to his grandparents. And not the grandparents that live 20 minutes away, the ones that live in Michigan.. So I figured I probably would be stuck doing nothing special, again, for  this year's 4th of July. 
But I'm considering yesterday, (6/29) to be an early celebration of the 4th! After a nice picnic lunch Abby, Colton, Caleb and I all went swimming at Erb. After years of ghetto jokes about what Erb must be like to Sydney, I'll give her some props. Erb wasn't nearly as ghetto as was imagined. Anyhow, swimming was great. And afterward we went out for some ice cream. Classic summer fun. After some pranks we pulled on Abby and Colton, we returned to their house and play COD. I'm quite the failure at that, and luckily Caleb only made me play it once. Colton however was convinced he could Caleb at least once.. It took quite a while. Bekah and Erich arrived during Colton's long attempt and we all made fun of him.. Aren't we nice? ;) After a nice chicken & corn-on-the-cob dinner, the six of us went outside and played a good ole' game of four square to pass the time before we left for the Timber Rattlers game. That was quite the interesting game. Once we arrived at the Timber Rattlers game, we set out our blankets on the steep grass "seats". After a tremendously long game, the night ended with a fireworks show. Talk about amazing. I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I saw fireworks. They were pretty high quality for being at the end of a baseball game. And I guess watching them with Caleb might have helped them seem pretty great.. But Bekah agreed that they were pretty good, so it wasn't just me. ;)
Talk about one fantastic day. I couldn't have asked for a better early 4th of July.
Now the rest of July probably won't be anywhere near as great as last night was.. But we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment