10/05/2011

Stressed

Wow, I don't think I've ever been more stressed than I am at the moment!
Why this is currently ironic because Jenee, Rae, and I are going to be leading a Bible study on Friday about stress, I just can't get it to apply to me. In fact, I think that is just frustrating me more.
Main area of stress: school. Contributing factors: friends, boys, and volleyball.

School seems so overwhelming right now! With two major tests on Friday, both of which are looking like I will be failing. Plus planning my Bible study I mentioned earlier, which is also for Friday.
Now, that I look at it, I guess the "contributing factors" almost outweigh school.

Friends. I'm once again beginning to question EVERYTHING! With volleyball, it is nearly impossible to have any time for my friends outside of volleyball. I feel extremely guilty about this, but honestly it isn't just my fault. I think they should be stepping it up a bit too if they're actually my true friends.

Boys. Yes, I've once again fallen into the trap of liking a guy. But this time it seems so different. Although I'm sure I've said this before, I think something may actually happen this time. In fact, after volleyball practice today, he asked me if we could talk quick. So we walked to the commons and he told me that he was sure that I'd probably heard from people that he wanted to ask me out. Which I had and was sort of hoping for. But he just wanted to tell me that he thought I'm a really cool person and that we need to hang out more before we get into dating.
While I'm glad he told me this, and especially that he told me this in person, I'm slightly disappointed too. Actually I guess I feel more respect for him honestly. I'm glad he told me this and cleared things up, I think it really shows that he does care.

Volleyball. My coach showed our team today what our region looks like for the upcoming tournament run. In our region: Gibraltar(0-19), Sevastopol(1-13?), Lena(3-10), Suring(7-11), and us(4-28). Obviously when you're looking at the records seeding looks like it will go Suring, us, Lena, Sevastopol, and Gibraltar. But, the meeting isn't until Sunday afternoon. Between now and Sunday we have a game against Southern Door and a tournament in Oconto Falls. We could potentially bump our record up to over 7 wins and get seed 1. Hopefully this will happen. Now if you don't look at the numbers, but the schedules, you'd be amazed. My team plays tournaments every weekend against D1 & D2 teams. We're D4. That alone should set us above the others. We looked through Suring's schedule. Definitly not as rigorous as our's. So hopefully we can get seed 1 and host 2 home games for regionals. This run towards state, is very, very possible this year. If we stay focused and on task, we could make it to the Resch Center, despite what everyone else thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment