8/23/2013

See You Dubb

I'm officially here, completely moved in, and finally feeling a little comfortable. I wasn't sure how long that would take to be honest.
Dorm room:

  • Bed: lofted, to the left of door, against wall and a window
  • Desk: under bed
  • Dresser: under bed
  • Wardrobe: right by the door
  • Fridge/Microwave: by desk
I've yet to Skype or FaceTime anyone..I'm not sure why. I think that'll make me miss everyone even more than I already do. I didn't think it would be quite this hard.

Today I went on a service even, mainly to get a free shirt. We loaded the bus and left campus. I'd signed up on a list that had said Fabric & Quilt. I assumed it would be inside like organizing a little quilt shop. I was quite wrong. We were brought to the Wisconsin Museum of Quilting and Fiber Arts..to do yard work. It sucked. I'm pretty sure I got a slight farmer's tan from being in the sun. But I got talking with a few new girls, besides Bekah. I even met a few that will be in the same western civilizations class as me! On my way back to my dorm, I took the tunnels. I was a little afraid I'd get lost, but I didn't! On my way up the stairs to Augsburg(my res hall) a football player came up to me and asked if I thought his haircut was scary. I said No, it's quite nice looking actually. He laughed and said Yeah, initiation was fun. He had had facial hair and a decent head of hair at one point,  now he has half of that, literally! He was a very nice guy and the only guy that's talked with me first besides Adam(go figure).

Night one of college life wasn't too bad. Hopefully tonight goes well too!

No comments:

Post a Comment