8/08/2013

God Is Able

I don't often find myself losing myself in worship..
Some blame hymns, my crumbling faith, my distractions, whatever you wish. I'm not going to blame any of those however. 

Last night I went to a Hillsong Live concert with Trevor at the WI State Fair. I've not had a faith experience like that since probably the National Youth Gathering in 2010, which makes me sort of wish I had gone to this last one. I can't really do anything about that now though.
Back to the point. Hillsong Live concert.
I was afraid I wouldn't really know many of the songs, to my surprise I knew a good chunk of them. The ones I didn't know were catchy enough, luckily. I quickly found myself getting lost in prayer while singing. It was truly one of those moments that you can feel God's presence surround you completely and you want to change.
All I could think about while standing there was how much I've changed and fallen away from God this past year. So many dark nights that shouldn't have happened. So many times I wish I could go back to and talk myself out of those dumb, old habits.
The difference with standing there, thinking about those things, while singing praises was that I didn't feel ashamed. Usually when I find myself thinking of those times, I just begin to hate myself more. 

But last night was different. 

I can honestly say that I have no idea why such a moment occurred last night, but I feel completely refreshed because of it. 
Thank God.



Here's one of the songs that really spoke to me last night..

No comments:

Post a Comment