9/29/2013

Home

After another weekend at "home," I sit at my desk at CUW and realize how badly I want to go back. But I don't know if I really want to go back to Green Bay, I just want to go back to the friendships I had there. I want to go back to the people. In fact I could actually careless about my house, or even some of my family.
This weekend brought back so many memories.
But I also created new ones.
I'm absolutely exhausted from this weekend.
Friday night I didn't get home until past 2 am and Saturday night I didn't get home until 12:30 am. I'm wiped.
But looking back over this weekend, I wouldn't change a single thing, although some stuff turned out differently as planned. Actually, I take that back. I wish I hadn't been sick.

I'm beginning to realize that home isn't really a place. It's people.
Home is where you are most comfortable. It's the person's arms you want to be held by. The people you want to be with. The people who make you laugh. The people you have made irreplaceable memories with.

I'm having a hard time here realizing that I can't go home as easily as I thought I would be able to. Home is a lot harder to get to now.

I just want to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment