5/11/2013

Veggies and Late Night Thoughts

Last night was probably the last sleepover I will ever have as a high schooler. How bittersweet!
While I'm excited to continue on to the next step, part of me knows that my friendships with those in my class will never be this strong again. 
In celebration of a fantastic four years of high school, what better thing to do than watch a childhood classic: VeggieTales.
I loved rewatching Madame Blueberry. As corny as it may seem, I actually feel like its lesson may be more applicable to me now as I watch it at age 18, in comparison to when I watched when I was about 6 years old. 
We often don't think about our everyday surroundings as being blessings. But after watching Madame Blueberry, I started to think about that. I often times take advantage of those around me and don't tell them how truly blessed I am to have them as friends and family. I think I need to work on that more, especially as I go to college within the next few months.

Late night thinking can be so interesting. I never realized how raw your thoughts can be at that time of night. That's probably why I don't like staying up late most of the time. Raw thoughts can be such a scary thing, but last night it made me just appreciate those I have around me even more..

No comments:

Post a Comment